Where the air is sweet

Where the air is sweet

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Donut Face

Elizabeth used to love pictures, but I have been taking so many lately that she has taken to covering her eyes.
I wanted to take a picture of her messy face (from her donut) after Mass on Sunday. When she saw the camera, she covered her eyes like the above picture. I said, "That's fine, Mommy wants a picture of your messy face anyway." She then did this.

She ended up saying, "cheese" anyway.

On a related note, I don't know what to do about these donuts. She doesn't like to go to daily Mass because it is at a different church and there are no donuts. She calls our Sunday church, "Donuts church," even though she knows it is Immaculate Conception. After Mass, a lot of people go downstairs and eat donuts. Elizabeth only gets one if she is good, and I don't want to take it away from her. On the other hand, it bugs me that she associates church with donuts even though we try to explain the importance of Jesus. I guess it will all come in time. She tells Him she loves Him and genuflects and apologizes to Jesus when she misbehaves in church so I think she is still pretty good. The idea of God and the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist is hard for adults to understand so I will try to forgive my two year old daughter for being excited about donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment