Where the air is sweet

Where the air is sweet

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Circus came to town

Elizabeth had a great time at the circus a few weeks ago. My in-laws took the whole family and it was a lot of fun. She ate all my cotton candy though-- not cool. 

This is before it started when the kids could come down on the floor and see everything.

Adelaide also had a great time. It was fun to watch, but I didn't even think about animal issues before we went. When we were walking in, there were people holding signs of an elephant being trained with tasers or something. They also claimed that the circus had to pay tons of fines for mistreatment of animals. I don't know if it's true, but the idea of it definitely bummed me out a bit. I was distracted by these thoughts while watching the circus. I felt especially bad for the big cats. They looked afraid of the tamer. Anyway... the motorcycles in the big steel ball thing were incredible... they kept bringing out more and more... we couldn't believe it. Patrick was on the edge of his seat.

 Elizabeth keeps asking us to go the circus again. She doesn't get that it comes only once a year. We tell her that we can't go now as it's not here but that does not stop her from asking a few days later. 

1 comment: