Where the air is sweet

Where the air is sweet

Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'll love you forever

Elizabeth has a runny nose and a sad cough. I don't know why I say a sad cough, because it's not like there is a happy cough. Adelaide has a stuffy nose which makes nursing difficult... especially in the middle of the night. Elizabeth does this super-annoying thing where she just blows the boogers out her nose no matter where she is, and then she keeps blowing until you come to her with a tissue. She was doing this tonight, after we put her to bed. She also claims to have to go the bathroom after she gets put to bed, even if she just went. Needless to say, it takes a while for her to fall asleep. Tonight, she had been quiet for a while, but then she started coughing, then crying a little.

 I went in there and found her in the dark (she moves all over her bed). I lay down and pulled her to me and snuggled for a few minutes. She had apparently fallen asleep and the coughing sort of woke her up. She had been crying in a half awake state. As soon as I was holding her, she stopped. Even though I knew I could get up a few minutes later, I stayed for a little while longer. I love how she takes comfort in me. I wonder how long that will last. Hopefully she always will, just maybe not in the same way (I do not plan on being that mother in the Love You Forever book who climbs in her GROWN son's window and rocks him-Thank you very much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment