Where the air is sweet

Where the air is sweet

Thursday, November 3, 2011

All out of diapers


So I have been meaning to try to potty train Elizabeth for a while now. I sort of tried a little before she was two years old but she wasn't ready. I was going to try right before Adelaide was born, but that isn't supposed to be a good idea. Then we moved. There have been lots of reasons to postpone it... so I did. The poor thing would actually ask me if she could potty train and I would say, "Soon, baby." I wasn't sure if I was ready for the commitment. Last week, I decided that this was it. I ordered some books and movies from the library and didn't buy any new diapers. On Wednesday morning (which also happened to be my birthday- didn't think that through) we started teaching her doll, Baby Neri, to use the potty. The plan was to start Elizabeth on the potty after her nap, but alas, she pooped in her very last diaper. I asked her if she wanted to potty train and she excitedly nodded. She has been diaper free since. 
She is doing really well. Her main problem is that she doesn't always want to try and will get so wrapped up in playing that she won't go to the potty. We are working on it.
She especially loves public restrooms (gross) and we usually have to go multiple times while we are out and about even if nothing comes out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment