Where the air is sweet

Where the air is sweet

Friday, May 25, 2012

The Butterfly Hollow

Our zoo has a new exhibit: The Butterfly Hollow. It is a giant tent with a fairy garden inside. I enjoyed it more that I thought I would. Elizabeth enjoyed it much more than I though an almost 3 year old would.

We were sitting still to see if a butterfly would land on us. After I got up, one landed on my shoulder for a second. When we went a few weeks later, one smacked me in the face- Not cool.


I love how, in the picture above, Elizabeth is clearly telling us something as you can tell by her hands. She must be Italian- not.

Daddy really likes the Kangaroos and Wallabies and somehow they are always doing something when he comes. When I come to see them without him, they lay there.


These are storks. I don't know what they are doing, but it's strange (at least to me).

Elizabeth amazed me in the butterfly hollow by being so patient. When we went again, we were in there for more than 30 minutes I would say. She just wanted to sit on a stool and look. I think she was partly interested in the butterflies and flowers and decorations... and partly interested in the mini stool. It was fun nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment