Where the air is sweet

Where the air is sweet

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happy father's day!

This is one of the first father's days that I actually tried to make something special. We usually don't do much for mother's/father's day for each other, but this year (and from now on), I really wanted to do something cute/fun.

I don't know if you can tell, but in the first picture, you see the tie we traced handprints on for Daddy. I traced the girls hands on construction paper, then traced the paper hands with glitter puffy fabric paint onto the ties. We did two: one for Daddy and a red one for Papa. I got the idea from Pinterest (duh), but changed it a little to make it better (easier). Then we glued the paper hands to a card that Elizabeth drew.

Inside the card we wrote reasons why the girls love him. Elizabeth helped me come up with her list. I loved the last one, "because he says prayers." She came up with that one on her own. So sweet. Her other reasons included, "because he's my daddy, he makes up stories and songs, he snuggles with me, he's a mean bear sometimes, and he builds tents. Adelaide's list was guesswork. I used things that Daddy does that make her laugh/smile. "He kisses a lot, he lets me play with his badge and phone (I was later corrected because he does let her play with his phone!), he crawls away and hides from me."

I love this picture. I love these people. Happy Father's day to my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment