Where the air is sweet

Where the air is sweet

Sunday, March 18, 2012

"Her is Horrifided"

February 25, 2012: Adelaide gets her first taste of food. Avocado.
She was just under 8 months old while Elizabeth was just over 8 months old when she first tasted avocado. Elizabeth didn't like it and ended up throwing up because the consistency wasn't smooth enough. Don't let this next picture fool you- Adelaide didn't like it either.

We were saying that she was horrified by the food. After a while, anytime Adelaide would make a face like she didn't like something, Elizabeth would say, "Her is horrifided."


Squishing the avocado was good fun though. Since this, we have tried a few other foods: carrots, squash, etc. We did a banana avocado mixture to really try to get her to eat the avocado, but it made her throw up... a lot... for hours. We are thinking she may have a banana issue. She likes to nom on things in her little mesh food baggie thing (especially roasted broccoli). I was trying a little bit of baby led weaning, but I think I don't know enough about it. Whenever I try to give her foods that I think are okay, she ends up eating well for a while, then choking and throwing up. No fun. I need to do some more research because I like the idea of it.

1 comment:

  1. This might help: http://www.babyledweaning.com/ :-)

    And she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete