Where the air is sweet

Where the air is sweet

Monday, October 24, 2011

Not play-doh


Elizabeth has not been taking too kindly to her naps lately. She keeps getting up or, sometimes, she just moves and sings so she doesn't fall asleep. Most of the days last week didn't include naps, which means they included plenty of afternoon meltdowns.


(This picture is from Friday when she wouldn't take a nap but ended up falling asleep too late in the day on the 7 minute or so trip home from Walmart. So I put her in bed, and she didn't wake up until around 5:30 which made bedtime fun.)

 Today, she was relatively quiet and she was staying in her bed. This could be good news or bad news. Occasionally when she does this, she is taking off her clothes or diaper. Today, she walks out of her room in only her shirt and says, "Me poopied on my bed." Oh great... this is not the first time it has happened. Once, a few months ago, she pooped a tiny poop on her bed, but today, I noticed her hands. They were brown.

 I breathe. Stay calm, Theresa. I take her to the bathroom and wash her hands. I go get her a new diaper and see her quilt... poop smears. I bring the diaper back to the bathroom and notice poop on her feet... yup- her feet. This is getting awesome. I manage to clean her up, take her quilt off of her bed and put her back. She gets up once, but now is asleep (YES!). I really want her to take naps. If she doesn't, the whole time after when her nap is supposed to be is harder. She really still needs them... but I just don't know if it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment